Elizabeth is from New York and completed her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy in Troy, NY at Sage Graduate School in 2009. She is a registered and licensed Occupational Therapist in both Ontario and the USA.
She began her pediatric journey in Australia working at an intensive outpatient pediatric clinic in 2011 running social skills groups, school readiness groups and 1:1 sessions. She has worked in a variety of settings with extremely diverse individuals.
Elizabeth has experience with visual perceptual skills, fine motor skills, school readiness skills, executive functioning, motor planning and motor coordination, ADL skills, retained reflexes, and sensory processing and integration. It is important to understand how the mind and body connect and the way a child learns in order for the most benefit for optimal learning!
She is a strong believer in continuing education and has completed the following training/workshops:
- Primitive Reflexes
- Visual Perception & Its Impact on Learning: Strategies and Resources
- ALERT Program Certified
- Sloppy Handwriting? Tips and Techniques to Improve Common Handwriting Problems
- HWT Certified
- Core Assessment; Postural Control and effects on learning.
- AOTA Conference Pediatric Presenter
- Therapeutic Listening Program
- Astronaut Training Program
- …Amongst multiple additional certifications!
Outside of work, Elizabeth is a Mom of four, Certified Personal Trainer, CPR Certified, marathon runner, and outdoor enthusiast!
Meet the rest of the CATS CREW.